Join io9’s At-Home Cosplay Showcase
Last yr, we invited cosplayers to indicate off their greatest social distancing cosplay for [email protected]—and they delivered. The cosplay we noticed and shared was so wonderful, we determined to do it once more! As the nation prepares to open its conference doorways in 2022, we’re as soon as extra asking our cosplaying pals to assist us carry “Cosplay at Home” to life.
io9 would love if our fantastic readers would be a part of us on this yr’s “Best of San Diego Comic-Con Cosplay” video. Be positive to look at last year’s video (seen above) for an concept of what we’re searching for. Submissions might be easy—footage of you coaching, sparring, swinging your weapons, casting spells, interacting along with your roommate/sidekick, doing issues round your family, or no matter is sensible in your character. You can tell us what you’ve been doing all year long to maintain busy and creating. If you’ve been engaged on a brand new costume, present that off! Otherwise, one in every of your earlier costumes is at all times welcome.
Full submission data is offered beneath, together with how and the place to ship your footage, and the deadline. We additionally filmed a video final yr for [email protected] 2020 that goes into the rules, which you’ll watch beneath.
Tips for recording:
- Record your self horizontally (not vertically).
- Don’t simply pose for a photograph: Record a video! You can showcase some motion/motion, or take footage of the method of stepping into your costume or make-up.
- Feel free to make use of your area and get bodily, together with with props.
- Include full-body video pictures and nearer ones from the waist up.
- Get artistic! Do some bizarre digicam actions. Get close-ups of your favourite equipment. Make horrifying faces. Sky’s the restrict.
- 4k just isn’t essential, however please change your digicam or cellphone settings to 1080p (60 frames per second).
- Keep spoken phrases to a minimal—utilizing one-liners right here and there are fantastic, however the video ought to be principally bodily (we’ll be placing your work to some cool music).
Include the next data in your video:
- Your full title, alongside along with your cosplayer title (if relevant).
- Your present metropolis.
- Your character’s title; what comedian, TV present, or movie they’re from.
- Up to 10 seconds of additional information you’d like us to find out about the way you made your costume and introduced it to life.
Please ship uncooked footage to [email protected] utilizing Google Drive with the topic line “io9 Comic-Con At Home Cosplay submission.” Don’t overlook to vary the sharing permissions to public so we can obtain it. Just ship us the footage—we’ll deal with the remaining! We’d additionally love a number of nonetheless pictures of you in your cosplay, so we will function them on social media. If you’ve got any questions on tips on how to submit, e mail [email protected] and we’ll do our greatest to assist.
The deadline to submit is 11:59pm on July 16. By submitting to io9’s costume compilation, you’ve agreed to allow us to embody your footage in our cosplay video, and publish it on our website and social media accounts. Any footage used might be credited to you. We may additionally need to contact you afterwards to interview you to elaborate additional in your costume/course of—please tell us in your e mail if that’s not one thing you’re snug with.
Until we might be collectively once more in 2022, we look ahead to becoming a member of you as soon as once more at your kitchen desk!
Wondering the place our RSS feed went? You can pick the new up one here.
This Web site is affiliated with Amazon associates, Clickbank, JVZoo, Sovrn //Commerce, Warrior Plus etc.